You may know coffee as the brown material that wakes you up each morning, but it’s much more exciting than a number of different products which come in a can.
1) Like Japan’s tea ceremonies, in Ethiopia, the girls perform fancy coffee ceremonies to honour guests. Ethiopian ladies start by roasting the beans, along with the service can take around 2 hours. Ethiopians do not mind taking coffee in the day. They consider that its energising effects are mostly psychological.
2) Coffee does not only signify a morning mug — consumers the world over can purchase coffee-filled candies and chocolate-covered espresso beans.
3) Howard Schultz, the founder and CEO of Starbucks, modelled his business Italian espresso bars however Americans travelling overseas will have trouble ordering a quad venti pumpkin spice mocha in Rome. Back in Italy, cappuccinos consider between 180 and 220g — Starbucks’ venti dimension is 560g. And no decent beverages anything but directly espresso .
4) It’s the planet’s most popular beverage and also the 2nd biggest commodity after oil.
5) There are two chief types of coffee beans developed today — Arabica beans and Robusta beans. Arabica beans are usually believed more flavoursome, smooth, and aromatic.
6) The most expensive coffee in the world, Kopi Lupak, is made from beans that have passed through the digestive tract of a cat-sized mammal known as the Asian Palm Civet. It sells for anywhere between US$120 (RO46) and $600 per pound)
7) In the U.S. and its territories, only Hawaii and Puerto Rico increase the bean — all the rest is imported from overseas to satisfy America’s daily dose of caffeine.